ARTIST The Advanced Communications Platform
Artist is a highly modular concept driving modern intercom demands. It is designed as a powerful matrix platform for intercom and the distribution of analog audio, digital audio and Ethernet data signals. The system consists of a fiber based network backbone providing a decentralised infrastructure for live audio and intercom applications.
Artist is a digital matrix intercom system providing up to 1,024 x 1,024 non-blocking ports per system. The system is based on a dual optical fiber ring to form a single large, full summing, non- blocking distributed matrix. The system still “feels” like a single unit: it is completely non-blocking and has no limitations in the number of cross-points within or between the different nodes of the system.
The maximum distance between two nodes can be up to 500 m (1650 ft) as standard, and optionally up to 20 km (12 miles). With up to 128 intercom ports per matrix frame, Artist allows a high degree of decentralisation of the entire matrix in a very cost- effective way. As a result the matrix frames can be located near the intercom stations of a specific studio or production facility, saving a considerable amount of wiring and installation costs.
• Performance theatre
• Convention and event centres
• Stadium, theme parks
• Transportation facilities
ARTIST – Key Benefits
- Distributed masterless system architecture significantly reduces wiring and installation costs
- Artist‘s flexibility allows versatile usage and quick adaption to new production needs
- The system‘s scaleability and expandability makes Artist a secure long-term investment
- The easy and intuitive programming reduces training and service time while providing increased flexibility
- German engineering and quality manufacturing